Tuesday 30 April 2013

Wrecked (Clayton Falls #3) by Alyssa Rose Ivy




Wrecked Synopsis:
When your past catches up, it's time to stop running.

Jake Mathews messed up yet again— but this time his misstep lands him in the hospital. He wakes up to find the girl of his dreams and the memory of having his deepest secret revealed.

Emily Taylor needs a break. She's been working double shifts as a nurse just to pay the bills while trying to heal a broken heart. The last thing she needs is to fall for a patient.

Strapped with community service and the knowledge that he's disappointed everyone in his life, Jake is determined not to let Emily slip through his fingers. Emily wants Jake, but can she really open herself up to heartache again?

Author Bio
 :
Alyssa Rose Ivy is a Young Adult and New Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

My Review:
This is the 3rd book in the Clayton Falls series, so I knew a little about Jake, but it was nothing compared to what we learnt about him in this book. The book starts off with a bang, and I loved that it did not stop right until the very end. Jake has made some choices in life that are not the greatest of decisions, and one major one is revealed at the beginning of this book, and that is when all the drama starts.
When he is in the hospital we are introduced to his nurse Emily, who is on the night shift when he is brought in, and because of situations that have occurred in her past, she is very much put off by Jake and what has happened, however, she feels drawn to him at the same time, and she is confused and not happy that this is happening. Jake seems determined to make an impression on Emily and have her go out on a date with him, and he can be very charismatic when he needs to be. We see them start to date and everything seems to be going okay, however, we know that Emily is hiding something, and we do not find out till later what that something is. I really enjoyed how Alyssa did this and kept us wondering on who or what this is because it gave us even more reason to keep reading. 
During the duration of this novel, we see both of the main characters step put of their comfort zone in big ways, and we were able to see them grow together in a very realistic non fairytale way, and this is one of the things that I love about Alyssa's work, she is able to see that there are going to be bumps in the road that people have to work through, and instead of jumping right over them, she attacks them head on and is able to show that sometimes life is not perfect, and it shouldn't be because everything that is important to you should be worth fighting for and working through those bumps.
I have been privileged enough to read the three Clayton Falls novels, and I have loved every single one of them, Alyssa is able to pull at my heart strings just enough to make me feel empathy for the characters, but at the same time I am not put in to a "book depression" reading her work, it is the absolute perfect amount of drama and love for me, and she has become the go to author for me for when I am in need of these kinds of novels, even over Nora Roberts who was my go to, so in my eyes that is a HUGE accomplishment, and I want to thank her for her work, and I cannot wait to read more, and I wish her all the success in the world, and will do what I can to make sure more people are reading her work.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Wrecked! I'm so excited you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete