Monday 20 May 2013

Kissing the Maid of Honor (Secret Wishes #1) by Robin Bielman


Published: May 13 2013
Pages: 230

I really enjoyed this book, I was able to connect with the characters a little more than I have been able to in the last couple of romance novels that I have read. This is a story about Sela and Luke, they have agreed to be the maid of honour and best man at Luke's sister Vanessa's wedding. Now normally this would not be a big deal at all, however, there is a history between these two as Sela has been Vanessa's best friend since they were young, and there was an embarrassing episode that Sela has still not forgiven Luke for.

Throughout the book we see them try and work together to make Vanessa's day perfect for her, and try to keep their distance otherwise until the wedding is over, so that they can both try and keep their sanity. Well, that does not seem to be the plan that the "fates" have in store for them, which really is bothering Sela because there is a famous wishing well in town, and when Vanessa's wish came true, she put a lot of faith in it, and made her own wish for Luke to stay away from her, and the exact opposite is happening.

I really liked the flow of this book, and the way that you see their relationship start to repair, and then move on from there. I found it to be very realistic, and because there was the previous history between the two main characters, I did not get that insta-love feeling, and I thought that it was very well written, I would highly recommend this one for a nice summer beach read as it can definitely be read in one day while lazing by the water, overall rating is a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment