Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy


Published: May 17 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Pages: 248

Fair warning, this is going to be a gushy review! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!! I have also been privileged enough to read Alyssa's Clayton Falls series, and this is my favourite book that I have read by her thus far. This story follows Juliet who is just going in to her first year of college, and before she does that, her cousin Amy gives her a secret list of 5 things that she needs to do before she gets there to try and open herself up to the new experiences that she is going to have once she is there. 

One of those things on the list is, you guess it, skinny dipping. She leaves this till the last minute before she has to leave to go to school. Juliet has decided to stay over one more night at her family's beach cottage once everyone else has left to give herself some alone time and to mark off this last thing on the list. What she doesn't count on is the hot next door neighbour Dylan to show up unexpectedly and catch her in her moment of nakedness. Juliet has had a crush on him for years, and what she thinks is a dream come true starts to happen to her, what she was not prepared for is the dream to come crashing down around her.

Juliet knows that she will not be able to avoid Dylan when she gets to school as he is a senior at the same college that she is attending. She is not sure what to expect as far as his reaction when seeing him again, but is presently surprised by how happy he is to see her, and that he really is interested in dating her. I can relate to Juliet in more ways than one, but the first one that comes up in the book is that giddy feeling you get when you start dating someone that you have had a crush on, at the beginning it always feels like a bit of a dream come true, then reality starts to set in.

Dylan always rubbed me the wrong way even from when he was introduced, and as the story goes along, it kept getting worse and worse, I just wanted to strangle him! And I love when a character is able to bring out such a strong emotion in me, good or bad. 

Shortly after Juliet arrives at school we meet Reed, and let me tell you, I have found a new book boyfriend! All along I kept thinking in my head "open your eyes Juliet, look at that man"!! Well, I can't really say much more without giving the rest of the book away, however, there is so much more to this story, some secrets that are revealed, a lot of growing by a few different characters, and a few other surprises along the way that I guarantee will keep you wanting more and more!

I am going to say that this is obviously a 5/5 for me, and that Alyssa Rose has absolutely become my FAVOURITE contemporary author by far and I am going to go and try and find everything I can by her and read it ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment