Thursday 5 December 2013

Isaura (Abberant #3) by Ruth Silver

Where to buy:

SUMMARY

SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED.

Olivia has little choice but to head into the dangerous Gravelands, as the new government wrestles with fixing the damage to society. If traveling through outlaw territory isn’t frightening enough, Olivia learns she has exposed her secret and is hunted by those she trusted. In a race against time, her life and those she loves are in jeopardy.


EXCERPT

"Are you going to explain what happened back there?" Gavin asked as we drove further north. I kept glancing in my rearview expecting to see the men chasing us but with four flat tires it wasn't likely.

"Not really." I glanced at Gavin giving a weak smile. I hoped it was enough to fend away the questions for a while.

Rane piped up, "You're going to have to tell us eventually. I saw what you did. You didn't just use training and fighting. You set a guy on fire, without matches!"

I signhed, glancing back at her. "You can't tell anyone what you saw. Okay?" I still didn't know how I did it.

Rane held up her hands in surrender. "I promise. It's not like anyone would believe me." She put her hands down in her lap and I glanced at Gavin. I still felt his eyes on me.


REVIEW

I was so excited to get a hold of this book, I just had to know how it all ended, and this one did not disappoint at all! It is filled with action, romance, everything you would want in a great story.

Olivia and Joshua are my two favourite characters for this series for sure, I love how they interact with each other, and even after everything that they go through, they are still in love and are best friends.

The plot twist in this part of the trilogy was probably my favourite out of the three, I didn't see it coming, and it added an extra spin on everything that I think was a perfect way to end the series for sure. All of the secondary characters played a major role as well, and there were a lot, but it was not hard to keep track at all and you pretty much knew where everyone was on the side of good or bad.

I cannot imagine a future where we are told when we are to conceive children, and how many, and who we are to marry, etc. but I am very happy with the ending, and if I had to live in a world like that, I would choose Spade as my home that is for sure!

If you have not picked up this series yet, you have to do it, you will love it just as much as I did I am sure, this book get a 5/5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment